Due to the current situation all fishing has been cancelled on Scalby beck until further notice that is all members and day tickets holders alike.This is under the Government guide lines on self isolation and social distancing.I will update any more information as we ourselves are advised to do so. There will be no day day tickets sold for the foreseeable future, however those anglers that have bought them in advance will be honoured with their full fishing rights as and when it is safe to do so and the beck is fully open. Please Stay safe. Save the NHS. Stay at home.
A full Days ticket is £15 and a half day ticket is £10
Fishing on a Half day ticket starts after 3 pm and you are able to fish one hour after dusk.Tickets can only be obtained from the Chairman and the Secretary of SBAC. Please use the contact email address email@example.com or ring the Secretary on 07777650923. Please read the conditions below.
Conditions of non members day/evening tickets
- Only one single fly with a barbless hook must be used.
- The Season is from the 1st of April to the 30th of September.
- The bag limit is 2 trout at 10” or larger. All grayling must be returned unharmed.
- Fishing starts at 9am and finishes 1 hour after sunset.
- The ticket must be produced to any member on request.
- Careful wading is allowed (Please use a wading stick).
- SBAC does not accept any liability for death, injury or loss however caused whilst fishing the club waters.
A map of the Beck with a list of named pools will be provided to all anglers who buy a day ticket.And also fishing tips on how to fish the Beck will be passed on, if required.
Please make sure that your environmental rod licence is up to date before you purchase a day ticket, these can be bought or updated from the Post Office link below and you will not be charged an Admin fee for using this site. Some sites do charge a fee.
All anglers above the Age of Twelve must hold a valid E/A rod licence to fish any water course within England and Wales.
Through the Trout season fishing on the fly is the only method of angling on the Beck. There is no coarse fishing on the Beck whatsoever.Any person who is seen to be coarse fishing or Handlining is fishing illegally.
Fishing crimestoppers number is 0800555111.
Environment agency poaching hotline is 0800807060
Please report all illegal activity on the Beck on the above numbers.