Due to the current situation the SBAC committee regret to say that there will be no day tickets sold for the 2021 season and the foreseeable future for fishing on Scalby Beck. This is under the Government guide lines on self isolation and social distancing. I will try and post regular updates as any more information is passed on to SBAC and the club will react as we are advised to do so. If we are allowed to offer day tickets mid season then we will update this post. Sorry for the inconvenience we know there are a number of people waiting to fish the Beck.
Please Stay safe. Save the NHS. Stay at home.
A full Days ticket is £15 and a half day ticket is £10
Please use the contact email address email@example.com . Please read the conditions below.
Conditions of non members day/evening tickets
- Only one single fly with a barbless hook must be used.
- The Season is from the 1st of April to the 30th of September.
- The bag limit is 2 trout at 10” or larger. All grayling must be returned unharmed.
- Fishing starts at 9am and finishes 1 hour after sunset.
- The ticket must be produced to any member on request.
- Careful wading is allowed (Please use a wading stick).
- SBAC does not accept any liability for death, injury or loss however caused whilst fishing the club waters.
A map of the Beck with a list of named pools will be provided to all anglers who buy a day ticket.And also fishing tips on how to fish the Beck will be passed on, if required.
Please make sure that your environmental rod licence is up to date before you purchase a day ticket, these can be bought or updated from the Post Office link below and you will not be charged an Admin fee for using this site. Some sites do charge a fee.
When you need a licence
You must have a rod fishing licence for England and Wales if you’re fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel with a rod and line in:
- England (except the River Tweed)
- the Border Esk region, including the parts of the river that are in Scotland
You can get a fine of up to £2,500 if you’re fishing in these areas and cannot show a valid rod fishing licence when asked.
There are different rules for fishing in the rest of Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Children under 13 do not need a licence.
Licences for children aged between 13 and 16 are free. You’ll still need to get a junior licence.
Through the Trout season fishing on the fly is the only method of angling on the Beck. There is no coarse fishing on the Beck whatsoever.Any person who is seen to be coarse fishing or Handlining is fishing illegally.
Fishing crimestoppers number is 0800555111.
Environment agency poaching hotline is 0800807060
Please report all illegal activity on the Beck on the above numbers.